Thursday Roll Call

bvohl
on 12/8/10 10:47 pm
Sounds like a CRAZY but enjoyable evening....luckily you had the spares with you!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

spazzdak
on 12/9/10 2:42 am
 The moral of the story is...next time...take the limo!!!!   
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

enasangels
on 12/8/10 10:41 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Trish get thy self to a meeting.  You have done so well, you need it to continue.  Laureen, this sounds like something that only happens to me, glad your keys were where you could use them. 
No plans for me today, I am depressed about issues at home, with no one to use as a sounding block.  I'll just have to work this out on my own, or avoid it altogether.
Have a good day everyone, stay warm.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

bvohl
on 12/8/10 10:53 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!!

Trish, you are definitely worth it and you DO deserve to be happy! For some reason, many of us don't feel worthy of that, but we are! On this journey I am discovering that more and more!

Last night, Dee and I got our hair cut then we went to Five Below and spent some of her Chanukah money. It was alot of fun! Girl bonding time!!

Today is wor****il 3:30 then home to pack bags for Dee and I. Dee is sleeping at a friends house so I can have an ADULT night out with some friends!! Staying overnight at friends house, then getting up early on Saturday to take Dee and her friend to a birthday party. YIPPEE!!! Can you tell how excited I am??

Tomorrow is going to be VERY busy. Extra rehearsals, catered lunch for helping one of my coworkers out, then work party for a bit, then driving to friends house for a get together. WHEW!!! Tired just talking about it!!

Have a great day!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Cherish F.
on 12/8/10 10:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Morning everyone -
At work feeling much better, figure I'm running at about 80% capacity. I'll take it.
Tonight I have a couple stops to make on the way home (Home Depot, Bed, Bath and beyond for the ever important coffee) then home to catch up on the DVR. I have taped, and set to tape, so many Christmas movies that it is too full. Must make room for more cheesy goodness!

Have a good day, stay warm!
Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Sara E.
on 12/9/10 1:22 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
OT...Please pray for my son.  This morning he called me from school and said he was again attacked on the school bus. I left work & my husband met us at the school to meet with the principal.  They MAY move his seat or put him on another bus.  Everytime he has been hit or kicked, nothing has been done to stop it.  Today he wa**** on the head (more than once) and kids took stuff out of his backpack.  The bus driver yelled at him.  In the past complaints the bullies said when them said things to Caleb, he retaliated & said things back.  Apparently that translates to it being Caleb's fault.  His pyscologist told him to fight back with his words by giving it right back at them...and that is what he did.  He has tried silence...they kicked him.  He tried listening to his ipod...they screamed in his ear.  He has never physically assaulted anyone, even in retaliation.  But he has been hit, kicked, shoved out of his seat and stung with a rubber band.  None were isolated incidents.  The schools zero tolerance policy...is lip service only.  No child has had bus privledges revoked...and now my kid might have his seat moved or be moved to another bus.  The bullies will win.  I told the principal that Caleb would be carrying his cell phoen on him and the next time he was assaulted he was calling 911, even if he was on the bus or during school.  I was told (in a loud and angy tone) not to have him do that that he should report it to the office and they will take care of it.  I said they haven't taken care of it yet and he is NOT SAFE AT ALL. The principal said they hope to have a solution by Monday...looks like my husband & I will have to taxi him to school until then so he will be safe...unbelievable!  My boss suggested I get a lawyer...I may have to.  Please pray for the bullies to cease and for Caleb to be safe.  He does not want to ride the bus at all...and now he says he doesn't want to go to school either.  He was a straight A student...but now his grades are falling too.  He got a C on the last big test...and is so depressed about it.
Thanks,
Sara

steffihope
on 12/9/10 2:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Oh Sara - I am so sorry to hear about this - as a middle school teacher - I can see when bullying gets out of hand - and this is one major case!  I know you have spoken to the principal and the administration - and you need to keep going, however, have you spoken to the teachers who interact with Caleb on a regular basis?  How about the bus driver?  Have you spoken to him directly?  Or is this only what Caleb says?  Have you been in touch with the parents of these other kids?  I definitely think a lawyer is not a bad idea - or even a student advocate.  I find it hard to beleive that in todays current climate - that the administration is choosing to have your son NOT call 911.  That leads me to beleive that they are NOT doing something they should be doing.  Maybe you should call the police and inform them of these incidents now - don't wait for anything further to happen.  You may be labeled a pain in the ass, but your child is number one priority and his safety is what matters.  NO CHILD SHOULD EVER FEEL WORRIED ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL!  Again, I am so sorry this is happening.  I wish there was something from my district I could do about it!  Sending love and strength to you and Caleb!
Sara E.
on 12/9/10 3:27 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
We have spoken to his teacher.  He seems supportive.  His bus driver is a waste...he need fired.  The parents of some of teh kids we know...they think there kids are angels...yeah, right.  Even I know my kid was sure to give them verbal abuse after they gave it to him first.  I know he is no angel, but he has never touched anyone.And yeah, I think I am labeled as the pain in teh ass...I can live with that :)  Thanks Steffi for your support and prayers.  I will be calling you sometime about plastics too...I haven't forgotten.
Sara

spazzdak
on 12/9/10 2:52 am
Today is my one year surgiversary!!! I was going to hog up another post, but, so many of you wished me a happy surgiversary, I just couldn't do it. Yesterday was all about me...today is just me and my surgery...

So, here are the stats...
Weight lost to date...116# Started at 267# (according to the dr.s scales) current weight 151#

Inches lost...
waist -13"
hips - 16"
each thigh - 7.25"
each calf - 6.25"
neck - 3"
chest - 16.25"
each bicep - 5"
each forearm - 2.75"

If I do the math right...I think this means I lost 90.75 inches. My 39 year old friend weighs only 4 pounds more than what I've lost... I've lost an adult!!! My 12 year old weighs 110#...I've lost a tween!

My aunt showed me that this surgery was successful for the long haul and I hope I can walk in her shadow as she has done. Her daughter, my cousin, has now been faced with the possibility of considering this surgery as well. I hope I can serve as a role model to her as well.

I LOVE the new me! I LOVE what I've gained from having the surgery. I've made it one full year, 365 days, 4 seasons transforming myself. Now, the next year is 12 full months of continuing to succeed and tweeking the work I've accomplished.

Not to mention I MUST focus on NOT going broke buying ALL the super cute clothes I've always wanted to wear but couldn't. and boots!!! I LOVE BOOTS!!!! this is my goal for 2011.

"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Sara E.
on 12/9/10 3:23 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!
Congratulations on a great year.
Your Dr gave you the tool...but it was YOU that made it work.
Way to go!
My 12 year old weighs 126 (he is over 5'7").
I can not wait until I weigh less than him.  I am currently at 138. 
Just wait...soon you will weigh less than you lost...that is such an empowering feeling.  you will be there very soon...let us know when.
Again....enjoy your 1st surgiversary!

Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views